Almonte Celtfest is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic fiddler to be an ambassador for Almonte Celtfest! We invite fiddlers of the Ottawa Valley to apply to be our first ever “Fiddler in Residence” to help us promote our 20th Festival scheduled July 8 to 10, 2016, Not only will you have a great title on your resume and fabulous bragging rights, we are also offering an honorarium to the selected fiddler.
Being chosen as our “Fiddler in Residence” does not guarantee you a main-stage performance hire at Celtfest, but you will receive lots of publicity during the year, and we will promote you while you promote us. We want someone who can commit specifically to playing one or two 15minute sets when Celtfest sets up a booth or hosts and event:
- Mississsippi Mills at a Glance – September 9
- Almonte Celtfest AGM – October 5
- Festival Consortium Fundraiser – fall 2015
- Rose of Tralee promo/intro –Feb/ March
- Pakenham Home Show – end March
- Volunteer Recruitment – mid May
- National Fiddling Day promo/intro
- Radio promotion of Celtfest – early July
- TV promotion of Celtfest – early July
- Volunteer BBQ – week before Celtfest
There will be additional times we might ask you to accompany us IF you are available for, including in-school promotions, St. Patrick parades in Douglas and in Ottawa, occasionally showing up when we sell raffle tickets, a potential Celtfest parade, hanging out with Liam during Celtfest, and other times not yet considered.
We will offer a $500 honorarium for the “required” appearances, and up to $500 budgeted for additional appearances, with a per appearance honorarium to be discussed.